Cemeteries

  • Albert Head Cemetery – is located at a few hundred feet from the water’s edge on DND property at Albert Head. It is not accessible to the public.
  • Brethour Family – located on Canora Road in Sidney.
  • Chinese Cemetery – Harling Point, Victoria – on Crescent Road, this was Victoria’s first and only exclusively Chinese cemetery, no longer in use.
  • Christ Church Cathedral Columbarium – located on 930 Burdett Street at Quadra Street.
  • Colwood Pioneer Cemetery – is located on Glencairn Lane in the City of Colwood across the road from St. John’s Heritage Church.
  • Esquimalt Nation Cemetery – This cemetery is at the end of the Hallowell Road in Esquimalt. It is on private land with no public access.
  • Hatley Memorial Gardens- is a private cemetery located at 2050 Sooke Road in Colwood.
  • Holy Trinity Church Cemetery – is located at 1315 Mills Road at West Saanich Road, this cemetery is on the property of one of the oldest churches in BC.
  • Jewish Cemetery – On Fern Hill Road at Cedar Hill Road, opened in the 1860’s, was BC’s first Jewish cemetery. (Limited access)
  • Knox Presbyterian Church Cemetery – located at 2110 Church Road in Sooke, BC. The cemetery behind the church contains the graves of many of the pioneer families of Sooke. The cemetery was officially opened in 1898.
  • Muirside – Muir Family Cemetery – is located at at 1971 Maple Avenue in Sooke, BC.
  • Old Burying Ground (Pioneer Square)– Quadra Street between Meares Street and Rockland Ave. in Victoria, contains some fine examples of Victorian cemetery architecture. Victoria’s second cemetery, it opened in 1855.
  • Our Lady of the Assumption Cemetery – located at 7742 West Saanich Road, Saanichton, near Brentwood Bay.
  • Ross Bay Cemetery – 1516 Fairfield Road in the City of Victoria, one of Canada’s oldest and largest surviving Victorian cemeteries.
  • Royal Oak Burial Park – is located at 4673 Falaise Drive in the Broadmead area of Saanich.
  • St. John the Baptist Church and Cemetery– is located on Glencairn Lane in Colwood, across from the Pioneer Cemetery.
  • St. Luke’s Anglican Church Cemetery – is located at 3821 Cedar Hill Cross Road at Cedar Hill Road. Please contact the church for access to the churchyard.
  • St. Mary the Virgin Church Cemetery – is located at 4354 Metchosin Road. This site is particularly beautiful in the early spring when the grounds are covered with white lilies.
  • St. Michael and All Angels’ Church Cemetery – is located at 4733 West Saanich Road near Beaver Lake Road, Saanich, British Columbia.
  • St. Stephens Anglican Church Cemetery – is located on the Saanich Peninsula at 7921 St. Stephens Road off Mount Newton Cross Road. This 1880’s cemetery is in a beautiful pastoral setting overlooking the Saanich Inlet.
  • Shady Creek Church Cemetery – is located at 7180 East Saanich Road.
  • The Sooke Harbour Cemetery is located at the corner of Sooke Rd (highway 14) and Idlemore Rd in Sooke BC. The Cemetery was created in 1922 to provide a public cemetery to the people of Sooke.
  • New Veterans Cemetery-Located in Esquimalt off Colville Road near the Base Hospital, this cemetery is nestled between fairways of the Gorge Vale Golf Course. It was the Royal Naval Cemetery until 1947 when the Department of Veterans Affairs took over its operation and it became The Veterans Cemetery.
  • William Head Cemetery – a small cemetery on the grounds of William Head Institution in Metchosin containing burials from 1890s.