The Sooke Harbour Cemetery was opened in 1922 by the Sooke Harbour Cemetery Company to provide public burial plots for the residents of the Sooke district. In 1989 the Sooke Lions Club took over care and maintainence of the cemetery and still manage it today. It is located at the corner of Sooke rd and Idlemore rd just before the Sooke River bridge in Saseenos. It has approximately 500 graves and is still active. For a list of gravestones go to: Find A Grave: Sooke Harbour Cemetery and click on “view all interments”.