5. Sisters of St. Ann
Pioneer teachers and nurses in BC and Alaska who came from Quebec in 1858.
The Sisters of St. Ann are buried in the Roman Catholic section of Ross Bay Cemetery. When St. Ann’s Academy closed in 1974 the graves of the Sisters buried at the Academy grounds before 1908 were moved to Ross Bay Cemetery.
This large plot was once filled with white marble crosses marking each grave but because of vandalism have now been replaced by low granite plaques.