CURRENT ISSUES AND PROJECTS
ASSISTANCE AND QUERIES
Supporting the Old Cemeteries Society of Victoria
- Ross Bay Row Marker Project [enter here]
- Publications and Merchandise - Publications and Clothing by OCS. [enter here]
- Queries - The Old Cemeteries
Society Research Committee will respond to queries and conduct limited research. [enter here]
To Support the Society by making a donation or become a member, download the form [here]
- Make a Donation - Your support for
preserving our old cemeteries and increasing public awareness of their
heritage value is important. Your donation is tax deductible and a receipt
will be given for tax purposes.
- Become a Member - As a member of the Society,
you will receive the following:
- A subscription to our newsletter
- The opportunity to participate in the society's work through various committees and projects
- The right to vote at the annual general meeting
- Discounts on searches of the Society's database of burial records for Ross Bay Cemetery, queries and walking tour prices
- Invitations to special events
- Membership: Adult $30/yr; Student $20/yr; Household $45/yr.
- Membership Fees:
- Effective January 2011 membership in the Old Cemeteries Society will be for a calendar year. That is, membership fees will be due in January and will cover the period January to December. As most memberships are already purchased in January or February, this will
not be a change for most people. However, some memberships have been purchased at different times of the year and consequently have different expiry dates. In the interests of having a fair and equitable process that is also relatively easy to understand, the
following will apply
- Memberships purchased between September 2010 and June 30, 2011 will cost the full annual fee and cover the period to December 31, 2011.
- Memberships purchased after June 30, 2011 will cost half (1/2) the annual fee and will cover the period to December 31, 2011.
- For 2012 and subsequent years, memberships purchased prior to July 1 will cost the full annual fee and will cover the period to December 31 of that year; and memberships purchased after June 30 will cost half the annual fee and will cover the period to December 31 of that year.
- These changes should reduce the administrative burden to the Society and should allow for more accurate prediction of the annual membership fees that in turn should help in the budget management process.
- If you have any questions, please contact the OCS at 250.598.8870 or
- Volunteer for OCS
For current opportunities contact OCS at 250.598.8870 or email email@example.com, subject line "Volunteer".
- Office assistance: assist with office and administrative tasks
- Tours: assist with special walking tours and school tours
- Conservation: cleaning and restoring gravestones and monuments
- Recording: measuring markers and describing type, location and inscriptions.
To donate or become a member of The Old Cemeteries Society of Victoria:
Please use this
printable application form
or contact us at:
PO Box 50004
RPO Fairfield Plaza
Victoria, BC V8S 5L8
Phone: (250) 598-8870
Please add OCS, Oldcem or Old Cemeteries Society to the subject line.